Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting more Handsome

I can’t believe it’s been this long since I’ve posted. It was a really crazy week last week. I found myself so tired by the end of the week that I felt like I was just this body walking around, and my mind had gone to sleep a long time ago. The class is a really sweet one, and it is not them in and of themselves that tired me out so much. I was more drained from all of the other tasks I’ve taken on. I really like doing them, but it would not be an exaggeration to say I slept/laid around for most of the weekend. Anyway, here are a highlight of last week:


I was walking past the boys bathroom (which is not too far from my classroom by the way), and I heard a little voice from behind the door say, “Hey, Ms. F, is that you?” I stopped and said, “yes, are you alright?” The voice said, “Yup! I knew it was you because I heard your voice. Will you wait a second? I want to give you a hug.” At this point, I’m still not sure who is chatting with me through a bathroom door AND why he so badly wants to give me a hug. So, of course I say, “make sure you wash your hands. I’ll be right out here ” Out walks a little boy that I’ve known since he’s in kindergarten, and actually, I ended up helping one year with kindergarten soccer, and he was in it. The thing is that he was so much taller and older looking. He’d lost that kindergarten/1st grade baby face. As if this couldn’t get more ridiculous, we had this conversation:

Me: Hey, Bobby, you surprised me! I didn’t know who was coming out of the bathroom.
Boy: Yup, it was me. I saw you yesterday but you were talking to someone else. I don’t think you saw me.
Me: I don’t think I did.
Boy: You could of also not recognized me because I got more handsome this summer. That’s what my grandma told me. So, maybe you didn’t know it was me.
Me: I think that was it! You did get very handsome this summer.
Boy: (big smile) I knew that was it! See you later, Ms. F.

So cute! He “got so handsome” he thought I didn’t recognize him. Also, he was totally okay talking to me through the bathroom door. Haha..

No comments:

Post a Comment