Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stripes and Marker Trick

This little boy in my class is out of school for strep throat. His mom asked if I could send some work home with his sister in kindergarten. I went to visit this little girl in kindergarten, and we started talking. We had this interaction:

Me: How's your brother feeling?
Girl: Not good. We had to take him to the Dr. yesterday after school. And, do you want to know something?
Me: Sure
Girl: The dr. looked down his throat and saw stripes.
Me: Really?
Girl: Yes, he looked down his throat and said he thinks he has stripe throat. Don't worry though, because he has some medicine now.

hehe...kindergarteners are just funny.

Now on to markers...I have this bad habit when I teach. I am usually holding a pen or a marker, and I somehow like to throw it in the air (so it flips a little) and catch it. It is never in range of someone getting hit . I make sure of that, and it is never very high (remember, it's ME we're talking about). Today this "habit" did something that amazed us all. I was standing at the chalk board and I threw the marker up (maybe a bit too high this time), it went over my head, and with my poor catching skills, I somehow hit the marker and it landed right on the chalk holder under the chalkboard. The kids were totally amazed, and it totally distracted them from what was less exciting at the moment...my lesson. "WOW! That was so cool! Did you do that on purpose?" one boy asked. Umm, of course! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment