Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow

So, it's a snow day! My kids had declared it a snow day long before the school announced it. I love how superstitious some kids get with it. Some come in and decide, "Ms. F, I will not see you tomorrow. Don't miss me too much." Other kids get angry at those overly confident kids in fear that they will "jinx" the whole weather pattern. They say things like, "nice job, now that you keep saying that, we're all going to be stuck here tomorrow." Then, they spend part of the day discussing how to reverse the "jinx." Jinxed or not, I'm happy to get the chance to catch up on laundry and sleep late :).

A little girl I tutor told me that she was going to be very busy skiing today. Her family has a house on some very flat land. Nevertheless, when I got to her house yesterday, she was preparing to go "skiing" at her house. Today I can totally picture her making circles around her house on her skis. How cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment