Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vacation Memory

It's vacation, and I made myself a list of all the activities I'd like to do while I have some time off. I feel like I'm my own cruise director. It's fabulous! Like all teachers though, I am going to have to pause the party or end it early to do some hard-core planning. I don't have any journals to entertain you with this break. I do have this memory of an interaction I saw in the hallway between a student and my principal. It happened a long time ago, but it randomly puts a smile on my face. Maybe it can do the same for you:

Scene: Little boy (like 1st grade ish..aka 6-7 years old) walks down the hallway toward the bathroom. My principal walks down the hallway in the opposite direction.

Principal: Hi, Tommy.
Boy: (Stops, looks really confused and just smiles...walks a few steps and says) Hey, I know you! You're the lady I had to talk to after I said those bad words to my teacher.
Principal: Yes, isn't nice to just say hi when you're not in trouble?
Boy: I guess.

Haha...I know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment