Thursday, February 11, 2010

Studying, Backstage & update

I tutor this little boy who is actually quite bright. He cracks me up because for the longest time he flat out refused to study. Then, he'd sit down with me and tell me how he "forgot" everything during the test, and it was really hard. I would always tell him that if he studied the test would have seemed easier. He made my day today because he found me at school and said, "Ms. F, you're right, studying does make tests easier." Honestly, it is those little moments that make it all worth it.

I had trouble not laughing out loud today during my kids MacBeth rehearsal. One of my boys can't really be backstage without an adult yet. Every time I think he is ready for the "responsibility," I end up regretting it. Anyway, I decided to avoid any regrets and wait backstage for his part. While we were waiting, a bunch of girls were on stage. He points to one and whispers, "Ms. F, it scares me that one day some of the girls in our class will be moms. If that girl were my mom, I'd hang myself." I, of course, told him how mean spirited that comment was (inside I was laughing). To which he responded, "all I'm saying is maybe she'll grow up if you know what I mean." I only reply, "SHH" Thankfully, his cue was soon, so I could laugh to myself.

And now for an update: The butt is still out and exposed. Each time it stares back at me, I'm reminded that I really should do something. Why doesn't this little boy get a clue? How many times does a teacher have to quietly ask you to fix your pants for you to think about talking to your parents about it? Honestly, doesn't he feel a breeze?

2 comments:

  1. I need a clarification: is this full on exposed butt, or are you just seeing underwear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We are seeing butt. Underwear isn't news-worthy in elementary school; it is just too common!

    ReplyDelete