Friday, March 5, 2010

Perpetually winking

Work has been very busy lately for a few reasons...1) it's report card season (teachers spend hours writing narratives and filling out chart that don't really give a good picture of the child) 2) it is conference season (not only do I do more paper work for that, but parents constantly want to change their time) 3) I am giving a workshop on professional development day and needed to prepare for that 4) oh yeah..lessons & grading 5) I have to coordinate this chesed project for my class to go to an old age home (seriously?). I promised myself that I wouldn't use this blog for venting, but I guess the occasional venting will be okay. All in all, it is so nice when I get to do my job and actually teach (instead of all this other garbage).

Anyway, of course there were some things that made me laugh this week..for instance:

A little boy in my class had his hair grown over his eyes for a long time. He told me that he was finally "getting a hair cut" yesterday. I was excited to actually see this kids face for once. What happened with his hair is absolutely ridiculous...he got a haircut that only shows one of his eyes! So, I kid you not, it's like he is perpetually winking. Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment