Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Bee & Some love trouble


I'm not sure if this is funny or fascinating...or maybe it is just funny that I find this fascinating:

Okay, you can jump to look at the picture, and think: why the hell would she put a picture of a dead bee on her blog? Well, what happened with this bee to incredible! The students were taking a math test, and this little bugger was buzzing around the room. Anytime a bug is in the room, it distracts them. This was irritating them and quite frankly me. I kept reassuring and encouraging them to keep working on their test. Many of the kids were able to refocus themselves. Then the bee landed on a girls desk, and she called me over. I will admit flat out that I went over to the desk with the intention of killing the bee. So I took a water bottle and tried to bash it. Unfortunately, the little pest squeezed itself into the little bubbles underneath the water bottle and was now angry. All I needed was for him to fly out from under the water bottle all pissed off and sting a kid. So, I asked a kid to bring me my stapler. I quickly lifted the bottle, and as the bee flew up, I bashed the stapler down. I hit the bee's head, and it popped off. So I actually decapitated the bee. You should have heard the cheering that went on in the classroom. "All right, Ms. F, that bee won't mess with you!" How many people can say they decapitated an insect? Now, look at the picture closely. Do you see the head separated from its body? I ended up walking around the classroom showing the kids. So an annoying and potentially dangerous classroom situation turned educational...not bad!



Now, on to fifth grade love trouble:

I was talking to this boy at dismissal because he looked sad. He said something that I found so funny!

Me: Hey, you're looking sad. Is everything okay?
Boy: Ms. F, it's Betty.
Me: What's going on?
Boy: She's torturing me in a way that only a girl can. I mean, no offense or anything...
Me: It's okay. What do you mean?
Boy: Only a girl could be this annoying.

Hehe..she's torturing me in a way on a girl can...

No comments:

Post a Comment