Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last 4 days

I'm sorry for being MIA, blog readers, I had my sister in from out of town. I wanted to spend time with her in the evenings. Anyway, funny and inspiring things have been happening. Here are some of them:

1. Someone audibly passed gas in class yesterday. At the time, I wasn't sure who it was, but I was proud of my class because only a few of them needed to burst out laughing. Once they got over it and the class was working, the boy came over to me and said: "Ms. F, I just wanted to say: excuse me." So cute! And, now I totally know it was him :)!

2. On a more mature note, my class went to a nursing home on a visit together. I have to say that when this time of year rolls around, I get so excited to go to the nursing home. It is so funny to watch my students interact with elderly. My favorite moment was these two elderly residents sitting together on a couch. Two of my students went over to them, and they had this interaction:

Student 1: So, how do you guys know each other?
Elderly man, Stan: this is my new girlfriend, Ida
Student 2: Oh, I thought you were married
Elderly Woman: I'm not married to him!
Student 2: Sorry, I was just guessing. How do you know each other?
Elderly man: I'm 88, and I picked her up at Thursday night Bingo. Ida is 91, you know.

They talk for awhile. When they walked away, they had this interaction.

student 1: I think Stan was lying about Ida.
student 2: yeah, she didn't seem that into him.
student 1: No, I mean that he picked her up at bingo. He's not that strong at 88 to pick her up. He had to use a walker to get to the couch.
student 2: yeah, that was totally a lie!

hehe! They can be so literal sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment