Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why Boys Have An Easier Life

On a free writing topic, a girl wrote an article called "Why Boys Have an Easier Life." Enjoy!

"I think boy have a waaaaay easier life than girls. Tes, it took be awhile, but I thought of ten reasons. First, do boys have to worry about how they look? I don't think so. They never go, "oh, my lips are chapped! where's my chapstick?!" I can't imagine a boy saying that. Second, can you picture a boy wearing makeup? No! Do they have to go to the make-up store? I think not! Third, boys actually know how to "reuse" their clothes, so their laundry bags at camp are always lighter. Number four, it's probably not hard to find clothes they like. They probably don't care that much about what they wear, and maybe their parents go to the store for them. Fifth, last time I checked, there were way more boy's shoes. Most sneakers are for boys. It is hard for me to find shoes I like. Instead of looking for new shoes this weekend, I spent my time counting if there were more boy shoes or girl shoes in the store. Which one do you think won? Number six, most of them have short hair, so they don't have to keep fixing it. That brings me to number seven and eight: 7) they don't get tangles and knots in their hair that hurt, 8) they don't have to wear a hair tie on their wrist in case they want to tie their hair back. Nineth, their bags are probably lighter because they don't have to carry around brushes and mirrors and stuff.Last one, the most important, boys don't wear Uggs. They're lucky that they don't have to worry about getting them ruined. If you want to add more to my list, tell me, so I can prove (especially to my annoying brother) that girls have harder lives."

Wow! She hasn't even started dealing with the really hard things about being a woman like periods, bras, cramps, mood swings, hair removal, catty women, etc. I also think that she didn't touch on how guys can pee standing up. That is a HUGE plus, and it has always simply fascinated me!

There is a great picture that goes along with this article as well. It is a stick figure of a girl with mangled hair, dirty Ugg boots and a frown. Standing next to the girl stick figure is a boy with short hair and a huge smile on his face. Maybe it is good she didn't mention the peeing standing up thing...she may have wanted to draw a picture of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment