Monday, December 21, 2009

$70

So there's this little boy in my class who can make anybody laugh just by listening to him. There's something about his facial expressions and tone. I feel like he really belongs in a cartoon and not in real life. Anyway, last week his mom told me that they were leaving for Florida and that he wouldn't be in school this week. Truthfully, I was kind of bummed, because I find him entertaining. What was I going to do all day (j/k)? To my surprise, he walked in to class today. We had this conversation:

Me: Hey! I didn't expect to see you today. What happened to Florida?
Boy: Our flight was canceled. I spent the day in the airport only to come home. I was boiling mad!
Me: Oh no! So, are you not going at all?
Boy: Well, not exactly...actually, we could have left late last night, but my dad wanted to save $70 so we are leaving very early tomorrow morning...like at 4 o'clock in the morning. The guy is just plain nuts! The only good thing is my mom said I can fly in my Superman pajamas.

I love how he was totally upfront about flying on an airplane in Superman pajamas and how shared that his dad saved $70.

As I ate my lunch today, I watched kindergarteners try to bundle up before going outside (15 minutes). I would lose my mind and probably make some kid cry by yelling at him or her. Another reason I'm glad I teach 5th.

1 comment:

  1. Haha- as I am reading these I am both laughing hysterically while trying to figure out what quote came from what student. Love these!!! I have to start posting more things my 6th (should be 7th and 8th) grade students say. LOVE IT LISA!

    ReplyDelete