Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Opps! It smells...

I left school today laughing out loud as I drove away. I had to speak to four of my boys who are in an after-school program at school and are misbehaving. As I was talking to them about their behavior and what is expected of them, one of my boys interrupted me with:

boy: "Excuse me."
Confused, I said, "excuse you for what."
boy: "just being polite because some silent gas slipped out.

It was hard for me to keep a straight face...somehow I did!

That interaction was followed this afternoon at the house of the girl that I tutor. This girl has a way of speaking honestly. I noticed something stank, but I didn't draw attention to it. We were working on some math homework, and she looked at me and said:

girl: "ooo! I can't even concentrate because my feet smell so bad. Do you smell them?"
me: "Is that your feet? Wow! You need to really scrub those in the shower tonight."
girl: "you mean like with soap?"

Today was a day of smells...

No comments:

Post a Comment