Monday, December 14, 2009

Beginning

I'm taking a leap of faith that people, both inside and outside the education world, will read this blog. My main goal is to share the things that keep teachers going. There are many days that I come home and think, "Why on earth am I dealing with this?" Teaching is filled with a whole lot of hassles and under-appreciation. Without actually becoming a teacher myself, I would have never understood all that running a classroom and being a dedicated professional in this field entails. The truth is there are these scattered moments throughout my day, in just interacting with these fresh bundles of life, that can be hilarious and inspiring. Read and enjoy!

To kick off, here is a quote from last week:

We are studying descriptive language, and I encouraged the students to use their five senses to help them describe something. This girl chose her dog and wrote:

"I love my dog so much even though from the front she smells like not brushed teeth and from the back like poop."

No comments:

Post a Comment